Important post-perm hair care steps and post-perm care tips : Have you ironed your hair recently? Well, there is no sin there! We all want unique hairstyles, and perms are just a way to change ourselves quickly. But do you know how long you can wash your hair after a perm? It’s important to know the answer, because you don’t want this special hair care to go to waste. Without the correct information, you may ruin your curls. Find out the truth behind the perm and find out the benefits of curling after treatment. So Why can t you wash your hair after a perm ?
Get Viknews Now !
Video how often should you condition the permed hair
48 hours of waiting before washing hair after perm myth
Perm can bring absolute magical effect to women who like to curly or wavy hair every day. Whether it is hard curly hair or loose wavy perm, you can choose exactly the hairstyle you want, and our stylist will create it for you.
However, in order to get the correct result and make it last longer, it is good to know some post-perm care techniques.
Do I have to wait 48 hours to wash my hair after a perm?
Washing and caring for the hair after a perm is a common topic of discussion. One of the most common misconceptions is that you must wait 48 hours before using the shampoo after a perm. Otherwise, the hair may be damaged, and the curls may disappear or become uneven.
Another misunderstanding is that you should not use a hair dryer to dry your hair for a few weeks. You should also avoid combing or cutting your hair for a week.
All these suggestions are true.
Although modern perms are relatively harmless, they are still a lot of pressure on the hair. The effects of chemicals used to change the structure of hair are significant. The chemicals used in perm break some of the keratin chains in the hair to change their shape. Hair becomes brittle and requires proper care to stay healthy and maintain the shape provided by the perm.
Harmful effects, including washing, must be avoided for the next two days. If necessary, it is best to use a small amount of dry shampoo instead of washing. You can also apply conditioner (products only recommended for perm) on your hair and rinse with warm water.
Another reason to avoid washing your face and other procedures within a few days after a perm is that the neutralizer used to form curls must complete this process. Most of the chemical work is completed within 15 to 20 minutes, so the hair stylist in the barber shop will wash the face, but it is recommended to complete it within 48 hours.
It is important to follow the advice of a professional hairdresser so that the final result will be as long as possible and the curls will not be damaged or loose. Here are some general tips for hair care after a perm.
How to care about permed hair?
- Use shampoo only 48 hours after the perm.
- It is very important to only use shampoo recommended by the stylist. Shampoo should be especially suitable for permed hair. The chemical treatment shampoo contains mild ingredients and lasts for a long time without damaging the hair.
- Use conditioner after washing. The conditioner prevents tangles and closes the cuticle. A conditioner for permed hair should also be particularly recommended.
- Do not comb your hair within 48 hours! It is not recommended to comb wet hair at all. Start combing at the end of the hair, then gently loosen it upwards.
- The blower damages your hair and destroys its effectiveness! It is recommended to dry your hair naturally. If you must use a hair dryer, make sure you are using a diffuser and a cool environment.
- After washing your hair, please use a towel to avoid cutting or tangling your hair.
- Please refrain from ponytail hairstyles for 1 to 2 days. It destroys the shape of curly hair and damages the hair.
- Moisturization is very important. Care for your hair with products specifically designed for perm. They will take care of the condition of the hair without unraveling the curls.
- Trim the ends every 3-4 weeks. Helps keep hair healthy and makes curls softer.
- Protect hair from UV rays. Cover your hair to reduce the effects of sunlight, and make sure your daily care products include UV filters.
- Protect your hair when you go to the pool. Chlorine can damage the perm and affect the health of the hair.
If you follow these suggestions and the stylist’s advice, the effect will last longer and your hair will successfully adapt to the chemotherapy without losing its health.
You may like Also : How long does it take mice to die of starvation ?
Tips to help you to prepare your hair for the procedure:
- Do not wash your hair before perm. Wash in the salon before surgery.
- Before perm, comb your hair gently to avoid scratching or irritating the scalp. Helps prevent burns.
- Don’t cut or dye your hair!
- Provide enough moisture to the hair 1 to 2 days before the operation. Please consult your beautician to choose which product or procedure for deep moisturization before perming.
- Do not apply hair care products to your hair on the day of the perm.
- We recommend waiting at least 6 months after the last chemotherapy treatment. Perm usually lasts 2-6 months. Be sure to tell your stylist the time of your last treatment.
- It is important to remember that a perm can put considerable pressure on the hair. In order to make your curls last longer and adapt your hair to chemicals, you should follow the advice of a hairdresser. Avoid shampooing and do not braid your hair for two days.
- Use recommended hairdressing products for chemically treated hair. Minimize the harmful effects of hair dryers, sunlight and chlorine. Don’t forget to moisturize and trim your hair properly. Good aftercare will increase the pleasure of your curls and help protect the beauty and health of your hair.